If you wish to learn more about the bankruptcy process and what it can and can’t do for you we suggest that you CLICK HERE to go to our Resources Page. If you have decided you’d like to come in for a free consultation, please take a look at the two forms below.
If you are uncomfortable with filling out an online form, or do not have regular access to a computer, you can download and fill out our Free Consultation Questionnaire. It contains about twenty questions and has a budget worksheet that will help you organize your thoughts as well as collect and organize the information necessary to begin the process. It also has a checklist that will guide you in gathering the necessary documents. Even if you do not fill it out prior to your consultation, printing it out and reviewing the questions and the checklist will show you what we need to know to assess your situation and help ensure that your visit with us is as useful and informative as it can be. The Free Consultation Questionnaire is better suited for those who want to have a tangible, pen and paper worksheet to go over and prefer not to deal with an online form. If you don’t have regular access to a computer or don’t have a printer we can mail or fax a questionnaire to you.
We prefer that you fill out a Rapid Import Form which can be found under the the second heading. You can get started on a “Rapid Import Form” which is a comprehensive electronic form that will transmit your information to us directly in order to more efficiently complete the process. It is an alternative to the printable pre-interview questionnaire worksheet. The advantage is that it lets us to take a look at your situation before you come in for your consultation.
At the very bottom, you’ll find Amy’s to-do list, which you’ll need to complete if you’ve decided that bankruptcy is the best option for you. It also contains many helpful tips and valuable information which will help you along in the process.
If you have any trouble with any of the forms or have any other questions for us you are always welcome to call us at (209) 267 1381. You can also send us an email, by CLICKING HERE and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you don’t have regular access to a computer, you can CLICK HERE to download a printable version of our free consultation questionnaire and checklist, otherwise scroll down and fill out the Rapid Import form. Review it and fill it out as completely as possible and locate and collect all documents on the checklist. Alternatively, you can work through the electronic rapid import form and take a look at the checklist of items listed at the bottom of this page.
A rapid import form is a electronic questionnaire that you can fill out and submit online. It provides us with much of the necessary information required for filing a bankruptcy. You will certainly have to gather documents and probably make some calculations in order to fill it out adequately. The form will save the information you enter into it, so you can stop and log in again later if you need to gather more paperwork, call us and ask a question (209) 267 – 1381, or if you simply need to take a break.
To begin a new form or continue with one you’ve already started enter your Social Security Number below. If you’re concerned about entering your SSN into an online form you can use any number you like, so long as you remember it for logging in later (numbers like 111-11-1111 or 123-45-6789 will likely already have been used)
Free Consultation Checklist
If you’re coming to visit us for a FREE CONSULTATION, here is a list of things you’ll eventually need to file a case. It is not necessary that you bring all of this to your initial consultation. Just bring what concerns or confuses you most and we’ll start from there. (This list is also on the last page of our Free Consultation Questionnaire.)
- 1. Your last two tax returns & any correspondence with IRS.
- 2. Bring a credit report. You can get a free credit report by going to www.annualcreditreport.com. Request a credit report, NOT a credit score (they charge $15 for the score). The page will ask you for some personal information including your SSN, and then you will be directed to a page where you can select any one or all three of the major credit reporting agencies. If you have trouble getting the reports or you do not wish to print out 60 – 100 pages of material on your home printer, we can get them and print them out for you here for a $30 fee. You can also CLICK HERE to down load a CREDIT REPORT REQUEST FORM and the credit agencies will mail you your reports. You can also call 1 (877) 322 8225 to have your reports mailed to you. Remember to request all three reports. If you use the toll free number or mail in your request form it can take up to 15 days to receive your reports, but there is plenty we can be doing before they arrive.
- 3. Estimated value of car(s), (truck(s), RV, ATV, or other vehicles and ‘toys’. The estimated retail value of such items of property can be found at www.kbb.com or www.nada.com
- 4. Estimated value of the house. If your house has not recently been appraised, you can look up your address on www.zillow.com for a ballpark estimate.
- 5 .Three months of bank statements from all accounts.
- 6. Six months of pay stubs or other documents related to your income.
- 7. Letters from creditors and collections agencies.
- 8. Documents regarding any suits or judgments against you, wage garnishments and levies.
- 9. Any notice of default or foreclosure.
- 10. Marital settlement agreements and divorce papers (unless you were divorced more than five years ago).
- 11. Your social security cad.
- 12. Copies of your titles or pink slips to your cars, trucks, boats, and recreational vehicles.
If, after you’ve had a consultation, you have decided that bankruptcy is best for you, there are a few simple tasks that are required of you. Amy has created a to-do list which she hands out to those who come in for a visit. It contains not only a list of duties that you must undertake, but contains important information about the process and your role in it. You may CLICK HERE to download and print it.